Sunday, July 3, 2016

Review on McDo mobile app

Okay. I know this is no biggie but I want everyone to be informed since McDo failed to inform me 😜

It was around 9pm yesterday, 2 July, when my husband and I decided to try out McDo's mobile app and to redeem my free cheeseburger coupon; we were also not ready for dinner and McDo should have saved our night. It took me 20mins to submit my orders as the app crashed several times during my attempt to update my contact details and address.

At around 9:20pm, I successfully sent my orders using the app. It notified me that I will receive a confirmation message/email and that my cart will be emptied. We estimated to have our dinner at around 10pm since according to McDo, orders will be delivered within 30mins. Sounds really good! Unfortunately we never heard anything from McDo.

After 20mins, I did not get a text, call nor email. We hesitated to buy meals from a nearby 7/11 as McDo might contact us anytime. 10pm came and still no response from McDo even via email. We heard nothing from McDo. We had our lunch at 10:30pm at 7/11, thank God there is a 7/11 store nearby.

On 3 July, I immediately checked my phone for an sms or email from McDo, again no response. I decided to send an email to inform them of a possible app glitch because I CARE. After 30mins, McDo replied to my email saying that my orders were cancelled because I posted a wrong cellphone number (maybe I mistyped it due to my frustrations over several app crashes when I updated my profile). I was slighted by their poor customer service. So they received my orders and cancelled it without even bothering to inform the customer by all means. The email address is a requirement when ordering via app, I expected McDo to inform the customer via email if the mobile number is unreachable. This should have been their protocol like the other companies'. Below are the screenshots of our email exchanges. The last email I sent to McDo did not receive any response as of this moment, 3 July, 8pm.

They are in a food business and they should not keep their customers waiting in vain, hungry. Such a poor customer service.

Now, you were informed because I CARE 😜
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment